On our next stop of the Vegan BBQ Week we are going to look at this amazing portobello mushroom burger recipe. This is completely vegan, and can be made gluten-free as long as you dont use a bun on the burger. Have a look at it!
Portobello Mushroom Burgers
INGREDIENTS: (Yield – 4)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive or vegetable oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- Burger buns and condiments
- Whisk first 6 ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Poke a few holes in each mushroom. Set mushrooms, top-side down, in a large rectangular container. Use a lidded container to just flip the entire thing instead of flipping each mushroom individually when the time comes to turn them.
- Pour the marinade evenly over the mushrooms, then turn the mushrooms over. Allow to marinate no less than 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat (you can always fry the mushroom burgers in a pan.) Use a grill pan with small grids, or cook on foil.
- Grill the mushrooms 5 minutes, flip, 5 minutes. Then 5 more minutes on each side. Total of 20 minutes.
- Dress with your burger condiments of choice. Enjoy!
Try this out and let me know which toppings you prefer. Also, let me know in the comments some recipes you would like to see me report on! I can do more mushroom ones if you would like, or change it up a little. We will stay on this BBQ topic for the next three days. Thank you for stopping by and leave a like!
Brought to you by Jump In Wellness — Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook @Jumpinwellness