This next recipe is truly amazing. These honey Sriracha wings are unbelievably tasty, it’s hard to believe you’re eating cauliflower. They are sticky, spicy and sweet and make a delicious crowd pleasing appetizer without the added calories. I hope you try them out next time you’re having a BBQ because your guests will love them.
Sticky Honey Sriracha Cauliflower “Wings”
INGREDIENTS: (Yield – 4)
- For the “wings”:
- 1 head of cauliflower (approx. 4 cups of florets)
- 1 cup milk (for vegan: use water or almond, soy milk or water)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (can sub gluten-free rice flour)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika or
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- For the sauce:
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place a piece of parchment paper on two baking sheets, set aside. (for grilling: start the grill to medium heat or charcoals)
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite sized pieces/florets. Place panko breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Mix the milk/water/flour and spices in a medium mixing bowl. Dip the cauliflower in the batter, shake off excess batter, then dip into the panko breadcrumbs. You can do this one by one or in batches.
- To bake: Lay the cauliflower single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil olive and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is crispy and golden.
- To grill: Grill breaded cauliflower for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- In a large bowl, whisk the honey, Sriracha, and ketchup. Remove wings from oven/oil and toss in the honey Sriracha sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Serve with blue cheese or ranch sauce and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you change anything up and how it tastes. Tomorrow I will be back again with another recipe! See you then.
Brought to you by Jump In Wellness — Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook @Jumpinwellness