This great recipe uses Dijon Mustard paired with a potato salad – the flavor is amazing! There are also a few raw carrots thrown in to add some crunch, with some purple and white fingerling potatoes. Pack this meal for a picnic or for a weekday lunch and you’re set. Enjoy!
Dijon Fingerling Potato Salad
INGREDIENTS: (Yield – 4)
- 2 heaping cups of chopped fingerling potatoes
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp veganaise or mayonaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- Garnish: carrot greens or flat leaf parsley
- Prep potatoes by washing the skin and chopping into bite sized pieces, add to a pot and cover with water. Heat over the stovetop (uncovered) until boiling.
- Meanwhile, add the mustard, veganaise, minced garlic and grated carrot to a large bowl. Lightly mix with a fork until the dressing comes together.
- Once potatoes are boiling, stick them with a fork – once tender (but not falling apart), remove from heat and strain in a colander. Let sit until potatoes are warm to the touch.
- Add potatoes to the large bowl over the dressing and mix with a rubber spatula until potatoes are coated.
- Add salt, pepper and greens for garnish. Stir once more, serve, and enjoy!
Feel free to add any spices that you like, and if you do, let me know which ones you put in! Try this recipe out, it is sure to impress you. Thanks for stopping by!
Brought to you by Jump In Wellness — Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook @Jumpinwellness