Last week our topic was all about BBQ, this week we are going to transition over to vegan snacks/small breakfasts. This week will be a ton of fun and you are sure to learn a lot of great recipes that you can break out at any time. We are going to start this week off with a recipe that works great as a snack, but you can also eat this food for a small breakfast. Here is Choco-Cherry Supercarb Bars. Enjoy!
Choco-Cherry Supercarb Bars
INGREDIENTS: (Yield – 14 Bars)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pureed prunes (from about 1 cup prunes)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, quinoa, chia seeds,almonds, cherries, and chocolate.
- In a small saucepan on low, heat almond butter, honey, coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in prune puree.
- Pour almond butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
- With hands, form into bars using about 1/3 cup mixture for each; place on prepared sheet and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Store in refrigerator, in airtight container, up to 3 weeks. Enjoy!
Let me know how you like this recipe! If you make the recipe, comment how you liked it, and also if you changed anything up. Let me know what recipe you would like to see for tomorrow, and have a good day. Thank you for stopping by!
Brought to you by Jump In Wellness — Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook @Jumpinwellness