Following the trend of this week, and also what we did yesterday, today we will look at a great substitute for a nutty snack. Nuts are a great snack to tide you over from lunch to dinner, but they can be very high in calories. We have decided to show you a recipe for a great low calories substitute of nuts that will also fill you up.
Spiced Chickpea “Nuts”
INGREDIENTS: (Yield – 4 Servings)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Blot chickpeas dry and toss in a bowl with oil, cumin, marjoram, allspice and salt. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring once or twice, until browned and crunchy, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
If you try this recipe out let me know down in the comments how you liked it. It is a simple and easy recipe, it really should only take about 15 minutes. This would be a perfect snack for a time when you eat nuts, but are also trying to slim down. Let me know what recipe you would like to see for tomorrow and have a good day. Thank you for stopping by!
Brought to you by Jump In Wellness — Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook @Jumpinwellness