Following yesterdays Citrus Upside Down Muffins, today we will look at another great recipe. This Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is one of the tastiest ice creams I have ever tried. It has a good banana flavor, mostly because that is the main ingredient, has a very low calorie count, also because of the bananas, and the texture is the exact same as regular ice cream. Try it out, you will not ever regret it.
Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Ingredients: (Yield – 1 Serving)
- 2 sliced and frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Pinch sea salt
- Drizzle of agave (or maple syrup), optional
1. Place frozen banana slices in a food processor and run the machine until it resembles a crumb like consistency.
2. Add peanut butter, cacao nibs, sea salt and agave, and whiz a little longer until you get a soft-serve ice cream consistency. Enjoy!
Also, you can add many other things to this frozen banana ice cream base. Try candied nuts, almond butter or another favorite nut butter, cinnamon, frozen blueberries, chopped dates, candied ginger… The options are endless.
Thank you for reading. I hope you guys enjoy this weeks topic of desserts. All of these are pretty healthy (at least better than the non-vegan alternatives.) If you have any suggestions of a new topic or a type of dessert let me know in the comment section. Thank you again for reading and for stopping by. Have a great day.