The Coconut Cashew Rice Pudding has an amazing flavor, it looks great, and it is so easy to make. You use a great tasting cashew milk, paired with coconut to make a rich flavorful rice pudding. Remember to make extra though because these things will go fast! Try it out and tell me how you like them!
Coconut Cashew Rice Pudding
Ingredients: (Yield – 4 Servings)
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup Arborio rice
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh berries, coconut, and/or toasted cashews for garnish
1. Put the cashews in a blender or food processor with 1 cup of water and puree until smooth (you will not have to strain this).
2. Place the cashew milk, coconut milk, rice, sugar and lime zest in a medium saucepot and whisk while bringing it up to a simmer over medium heat. Cover loosely and continue to simmer gently, stirring often, until the rice is tender, about 25 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Cool the pudding to room temperature and then chill before serving.
3. Serve the pudding garnished with fresh berries, coconut shavings and/or toasted cashews.
Thank you for reading. I hope you guys enjoy this weeks topic of desserts. All of these are pretty healthy (at least better than the non-vegan alternatives.) If you have any suggestions of a new topic or a type of dessert let me know in the comment section. Thanks for reading and have a great day.