For the last day of the dessert week we are going to look at one of the best tasting desserts you can make! Check out these vegan pumpkin blondies. Everyone in the room can eat them, they’re not too unhealthy, and they taste amazing! See the recipe below!
Vegan Pumpkin Blondies
Ingredients: (Yield – 16 Servings)
- ¾ cup creamy almond butter
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ⅔ cup pure canned pumpkin
- ½ cup coconut sugar, firmly packed
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp coconut flour, sifted (31g)*
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tbsp almonds, finely chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 325ºF and line the bottom of an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and spray the sides generously with coconut oil spray.
2. In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond butter with the maple syrup in the microwave until the almond butter is creamy, about 1 minute.
3. Add the pumpkin into the mixture and beat with an electric hand mixer until well combined, scraping the sides down as necessary.
4. Beat the coconut sugar, vanilla and apple cider vinegar into the almond butter mixture until well combined.
5. Add the sifted coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice into the mixture and stir until smooth and well combined. Make sure you scrape all the flour off the sides of the bowl into the mixture.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes before baking, to allow the coconut flour to begin absorbing the moisture.
7. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the edges are crisp, about 50-55 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
Thank you for reading. I hope you guys enjoyed this weeks topic of desserts. If you have any suggestions for next weeks topic let me know in the comment section! Also, if you change up the recipe or add more spices tell me too! Thanks for reading and have a great day.