Hummus is a must for any great cheese platter. Making your own dip will give you a better taste for not a lot of work. This recipe is rich, creamy, savory, and perfectly balanced. I hope you try out this hummus and also add it to your own cheese platter.
- 1.5 cups of cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2-3/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- About 1/2 tsp of cumin, to taste
- About 1/4 tsp of coriander, to taste
- Garnish with dash of paprika and chopped cilantro or parsley
- Add all ingredients except olive oil into food processor, and blend until creamy and smooth.
- While hummus is mixing, drizzle in olive oil and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning by adding more lemon juice, olive oil, or salt. Add a little bit of water to thin. Transfer to an airtight container and chill in fridge until ready to serve. Drizzle with extra olive oil and garnish with cilantro or parsley just before serving. Hummus keeps well in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
Tomorrow I will be showing off some awesome vegan “cheese”! Be sure to check it out!