If you’re looking for a sweet spread try out this chia jam. It’s a great homemade jam, and super healthy too. This delicious spread is perfect on toast or crackers. Try it out and let me know how you like it.
Rawberry Chia Jam
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds and water. Stir well and let it set for 5 minutes. Chia seeds will expand and create a thick gel-like texture.
- Add all ingredients except the chia gel into a blender. Pulse a few times until the mixture is smooth but still a little chunky.
- Add the chia gel into the blender and pulse a few more times. (I like to leave mine a bit chunky.)
- Pour the mixture into a airtight jar and enjoy!
You can top this jam on yogurt, baked goods, banana ice cream, toast or crackers. You can also add in some other berries to mix up the flavor. Let me know if you do that! Thanks for stopping by and checking todays recipe out! What would you like to see next week? Let me know in the comments! Have a good day.
Brought to you by Jump In Wellness — Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook @Jumpinwellness