This salad has a great taste, is super healthy, and pretty easy to make. The rainbow power greens salad with black eyed peas tastes so good because it incorporates a few main, awesome foods. The main ingredient is collard greens or cabbage. This will give you a ton of vitamin and iron, and pairing this with the dressing will taste great. Also, it has a healthy portion of black eyed peas. Black eyed peas have a ton of fiber, iron, and zinc – all great things to eat. I hope you try out this recipe, and tell me how you like it.
Rainbow Power Greens Salad With Black Eyed Peas (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Ingredients (Yield- 2-3 Servings)
- 2 cups cooked black eyed peas ( or you can cook a whole bag and use part of it for salad. See below for instructions)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (if cooking peas from scratch)
- 2-3 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 5 cups chopped collard greens and/or mustard greens/kale
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 of a shallot chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
- black pepper
- lemon juice
- Rinse your chopped greens and and cabbage.
- In a medium pan, add 1 tbsp oil, shallot, garlic, and cabbage. Saute for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Next add in your collard green, 1 more tbsp oil, and sea salt. Cover for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat or until greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat and place all the ingredients from the pan into a large bowl.
- Add in your carrots, cooked quinoa, cooked black eyed peas, and a splash of lemon juice.
- Season with more salt/pepper if desired.
- Toss together and serve with oil/vinegar.
Again, let me know in the comments how you like this salad, if you have any suggestions for it. Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day!
Brought to you by Jump In Wellness — Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook @Jumpinwellness
Donate to Jump In Wellness to help promote a healthy life style! All proceeds go to keeping the website up and running. Thank you!